Scientist, Computational Chemistry
New Equilibrium Biosciences discovers drugs that target intrinsically disordered proteins through its computational-experimental IDP-Shift platform, with the mission of creating transformative medicines for patients with life-threatening diseases. We are leveraging IDP-Shift to rationally design drug molecules for regulating multiple IDPs in a wide range of diseases including Oncology and Neurodegenerative disorders. We are seeking a highly skilled computational chemist to join our discovery research team. This position includes the responsibility for the execution of the computational chemistry support on multiple programs in our drug discovery portfolio.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in computational chemistry, cheminformatics, physics, or chemistry with 1-3 years of experience in computational chemistry applied to small-molecule drug discovery
- Ability to work independently as well as in close collaboration with multi-disciplinary drug discovery teams of medicinal chemists, biochemists, biophysics scientists, biologists, structural biologists, pharmacologists, and external collaborators
- Experience with commercial and open-access platforms in application to drug design (e.g., ligand docking, pharmacophore modelling, MD simulations, building QSAR/ADMET models, cheminformatics, HTS triage, enumerating and profiling large virtual libraries, and the design of small, focused libraries for synthesis).
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (e.g., Perl, C/C++, Java, Python) and knowledge of Linux / UNIX systems and utilizing cloud computing where needed
- State-of-the-art knowledge of standard and advanced computational methods
- Excellent oral / written communication and presentation skills
- Flexible, independent, organized, detail-oriented team player
- Experience applying modeling as part of multi-parameter optimization
- Proficient with commercial platforms such as Cresset, CCG, OpenEye and/or Schrodinger
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Apply now to join us in our mission of creating new medicines for life-threatening diseases!